Cutting-Edge Legal Representation For Cryptocurrency Matters
Cryptocurrency is a fast-growing segment of the economic landscape. With this growth comes great volatility – not to mention gaps and gray areas in the legal framework that can come into play for those mining, holding, purchasing and selling cryptocurrency.
At Bulldog Law in California, our legal team is at the forefront of helping clients navigate these legal implications. Our attorneys are familiar with various kinds of digital currencies, such as:
- XRP (Ripple)
- USD Coin
We represent crypto miners, investors, and individuals and businesses in the fintech sector, providing skilled representation for cryptocurrency and blockchain-related matters.
Addressing The Full Spectrum Of Cryptocurrency-Related Legal Issues
We can address the myriad legal issues that accompany cryptocurrency mining, investments, transactions and holdings, including:
- Blockchain litigation: When cryptocurrency-related disputes arise, our proven litigators can protect your hard-won earnings. They are skilled at addressing all manner of high-stakes litigation, from platform disputes to contract breaches to commercial disputes and more. They also handle Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitration proceedings.
- Business structuring and corporate law: Drawing on a wealth of business law experience, our team provides valuable guidance on the many nuances of starting a successful fintech venture. Our lawyers can assist with all aspects of business formation, entity selection, regulatory matters, tax law, shareholder agreements, contracts and other aspects of establishing strong legal footing to help your venture thrive.
- Fintech and virtual currency business compliance: Businesses in the fintech sector must navigate numerous regulatory concerns to thrive in this competitive industry. Cryptocurrency is subject to federal regulation by multiple agencies, including the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and FINRA. Our attorneys provide detailed guidance on compliance matters, including digital asset exchanges, the U.S. Treasury’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) registration, due diligence policies, ATMs and crypto kiosks, money transmitter licensing applications and more. They also represent clients under investigation by FinCEN.
- Cryptocurrency intellectual property: Our lawyers understand the nuances of how to legally protect innovation in the cryptocurrency industry, leveraging strategies such as nondisclosure agreements, trade secret protections and licensing agreements. They also help clients put monitoring strategies into place to take proactive stances on piracy, infringement and misuse.
- Cryptocurrency securities and tokenization: Navigating the complex web of federal securities law requires experience, skill and knowledge. Our team provides detailed advice and guidance on compliance matters, including private offerings, exempt funds, blue sky filings and more.
- Cryptocurrency tax considerations: Federal tax law classifies cryptocurrency as property subject to capital gains. Short-term cryptocurrency profits are subject to income tax at the federal and state levels. Navigating the reporting requirements and alleviating your tax burden are major concerns for those in the crypto market. Our lawyers provide strategic guidance on all aspects of cryptocurrency taxation. They also represent clients in Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and FinCEN investigations.
Our attorneys’ ability to provide reliable, comprehensive guidance in the cryptocurrency field is a major asset our clients.
Learn More About Working With Our Cryptocurrency Team
Contact our California-based legal team for more information about our cryptocurrency practice. Call 888-983-1217 or contact us through the website. We offer free initial consultations for prospective clients.