California Criminal Defense, Cryptocurrency, Immigration And Personal Injury Legal Blog

Contact Us For Your Free Consultation

Can you help your children immigrate to the United States?

Posted by Bulldog Law | Jan 25, 2022 | 0 Comments

As a parent, your relationship with your children is important to you. Separation caused by time and distance cannot undo the connection between parent and child, but it can still leave you feeling lonely. 

You may have had a child with someone who lives in another country, and they raised your child in that country. You may have originally lived abroad and have since moved to the United States. 

If you have children living in other countries, you may be able to use your legal status in the United States to help them join you here. 

If you are a permanent resident

Someone with a green card can help their family members through a family preference visa. Although citizens have the highest preference, there is an entire category dedicated to the children of permanent residents. Your unmarried children under the age of 21 will likely have the best chances at approval. However, you can also apply for unmarried children over the age of 21. 

If you are a United States citizen

Whether you are a natural-born citizen or a naturalized citizen, you can help your children enter the United States at any age. You will also be able to sponsor your older, married children, as well as their spouses and children, for entry into the United States. 

For some parents, the desire to reconnect with their children or meet their grandchildren might motivate them to pursue naturalization. When someone becomes a citizen, they will have more options to help their loved ones still living in other countries. 

Understanding different family-based immigration options can help those hoping to reconnect with their family. An experienced California immigration law attorney can help.

Schedule a Free Consultation

About the Author


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

We offer criminal defense, immigration, personal injury and cryptocurrency legal services in both English and Spanish. Call us at 800-787-1930 for a free consultation.

Contact [ME/US] Today

[LAW FIRM NAME] is committed to answering your questions about [PRACTICE AREA] law issues in [CITY/STATE]. [[I/WE] OFFER A FREE CONSULTATION] and [I'LL/WE'LL] gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact [ME/US] today to schedule an appointment.