California Criminal Defense, Cryptocurrency, Immigration And Personal Injury Legal Blog

Contact Us For Your Free Consultation

Men get arrested on DUI charges more than women

Posted by Bulldog Law | Dec 09, 2023 | 0 Comments

When it comes to DUI arrests, the statistics are clear. Men are more likely to be arrested than women. For instance, one report from the Federal Bureau of Investigation indicated that 19% of drunk driving arrests were women, while the other 81% were men.

The same trend can be seen when you look at drunk driving accidents. When looking at crashes, men make up roughly 8 out of 10 drunk driving fatalities and get in four times as many accidents as female drivers. No matter how you break down the statistics, when you look at the split between genders, it is not even close.

Why might this happen?

One reason why this may occur is simply that men tend to drive more often than women. With all other things being equal, men are going to spend more time and more miles behind the wheel. If they also drink alcohol or engage in the use of other substances, then this just increases the odds that they will eventually be arrested or involved in an accident. Men do drink more, with some reports claiming they drink three times as much as women annually. 

Men may also be more likely to participate in risky behaviors. Many people who get pulled over for drunk driving say that they thought they were sober enough to drive the short distance home. Women may be less likely to take this type of risk and would call a cab.

When men or women face arrest on DUI charges, it can have a major impact on their life. This is why it's so important for them to understand all of their legal defense options.

Schedule a Free Consultation

About the Author


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

We offer criminal defense, immigration, personal injury and cryptocurrency legal services in both English and Spanish. Call us at 800-787-1930 for a free consultation.

Contact [ME/US] Today

[LAW FIRM NAME] is committed to answering your questions about [PRACTICE AREA] law issues in [CITY/STATE]. [[I/WE] OFFER A FREE CONSULTATION] and [I'LL/WE'LL] gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact [ME/US] today to schedule an appointment.